Healthcare Benefit Advisor
12 Months | 13 Virtual Sessions
NQF level 5 qualification in finance
Total number of days out of the office
17 Days, 9h00 – 16h00
Graduates of the Healthcare Benefit Advisor will be fully equipped to objectively evaluate the criteria that materially affect the performance of a medical scheme and its administration. Analysing the product design and structure of different medical schemes to evaluate the benefits of each scheme, while applying knowledge of health economics to make informed decisions, are also key skills that will be acquired as part of this insightful and engaging programme.
EISA (External Integrated Summative Assessment) exam to be booked directly with INSETA once NVO programme is completed.
Exam fee payable directly to INSETA (exam fees to be found on INSETA website). The Novia One mock examination will be venue based to simulate exam conditions as applied by the EISA exam.
Module 1: The Investment Industry
Module 2: Insurance and Investment Regulations
Module 3: Healthcare Cover and Contributions
Module 4: Policy, Regulations and Administration
Module 5: Healthcare Benefits: Client Needs Analysis and Advising
Prescribed work experience must be endorsed by the student’s mentor/supervisor and submitted to NVO for final assessment.
1. Apply basic economic principles and demonstrate knowledge of current affairs in the financial services sector.
2. Gain insights into the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, South African money laundering legislation, the Promotion of Access to Information Act and the Electronic Transactions and Communications Act.
3. Apply knowledge and insight of the medical scheme environment to evaluate risk in a selected medical scheme
4. Understand how to control fraud in healthcare benefits administration.
5. Analyse the National Health Policy as a means of providing healthcare for the nation.
6. Apply technical knowledge and insight into the management of collective investment portfolios.
7. Apply knowledge of the current Medical Schemes Act and the accompanying regulations.
Contact us for more information
To find out how you can gain a formal qualification for your skills and hard-earned work.